Download the first issue here.
Published twice a year
In co-operation with the European Human Rights Law Institute
- Individual subscription (print): 145 euro | 203 US dollar | 138 GB pound
- Student rate: 72.50 euro | 102 US dollar | 69 GB pound
- Separate issues can be ordered via e-mail to email@example.com.
The Cyprus Human Rights Law Review promotes knowledge, appreciation and constructive discussion on matters of human rights law and policy, particularly those affecting the Cypriot legal order.
The Review publishes articles and case notes that consider human rights from an international to domestic context, book reviews, analysis of recent jurisprudence and practice of international and regional human rights systems and analysis of recent and relevant jurisprudence and practice of Cypriot courts and other domestic authorities.
While primarily academic in focus, the Review is also of interest to the wider international human rights community, particularly as the Cypriot legal order often forms the basis of complicated judicial determinations with wider implications for Public International law, European Union Law and European Human Rights Law.
In particular the Review covers:
- Analysis of a wide range of issues relating to the European Convention of Human Rights, European Social Charter and the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights;
- Summaries and commentaries on recent cases introduced or determined by the European Court of Human Rights, Court of Justice of the European Union or by national courts in Cyprus or other jurisdictions that may be of interest or affect the Cypriot Legal Order;
- Reports by international and regional organisations and authorities dealing with the implementation of human rights standards in Cyprus;
- Developments on the ratification by Cyprus of various instruments affecting human rights law in Cyprus.
The Review’s editorial and scientific board guarantees the maintenance of a high standard of the contributions published.
Leto Cariolou, Director, European Human Rights Law Institute
- Dr Theodora Christodoulidou, Counsel, Human Rights Sector, Legal Service of the Republic of Cyprus
- Christina Karakosta, Adviser to the European Ombudsman
- Dr Panayotis Voyatzis, Lawyer, European Court of Human Rights Scientific Board
- Nicholas Alivizatos, Professor of Constitutional Law, Faculty of Law, University of Athens
- Antônio Augusto Cançado Trindade, Judge, International Court of Justice
- Hugh Collins, Professor of English Law, London School of Economics
- Achilles Emilianides, Professor of Law, University of Nicosia
- Dr Constantinos Kombos, Lecturer in Law, School of Law, University of Cyprus
- Dr Stuart Lakin, Lecturer, School of Law, University of Reading
- Dr George Letsas, Reader in Philosophy of Law and Human Rights, University College London
- Dr Virginia Mantouvalou, Lecturer in Law, University College London
- Dr Saladin Meckled-Garcia, Lecturer in Human Rights and Political Theory, University College London
- George Nicolaou, Judge, European Court of Human Rights
- Colm O’Cinneide, Reader in Law, University College London
- Christos Rozakis, Former Vice-President, European Court of Human Rights
- Dean Spielmann, President, European Court of Human Rights
- Dr Stephanos Stavros, Executive Secretary to European Commission against Racism and Intolerance
- S. Tsakyrakis, Associate Professor of Public Law, Faculty of Law, University of Athens